A talk about Art

Hello, the purpose of this blog is to help bring to life a love of all art that is out there. Here you will find the masters to the most current artists out there. You will have a chance to learn a little about them and share your thoughts on their work. And along the way we will have some fun and questions and trivia about anything ART.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Only in Art

This post deals with a new form of art that they are trying to sell called "imaginary art."  A woman recently paid $10,000 for a description of a piece of art.  That means she doesn't actually own a piece of art she owns a piece of paper.  The more ironic part is that she paid money for a piece called "Fresh Air".

So my question is, is this art or is this someone's idea of a joke?  Would you pay money for a description of art?  Or would you ask someone else to pay money for a description of art?

10 comments:

  1. paying for a description of art is just stupid i think, i mean i could print out a description of an art piece for free, and i would never charge someone for a description cause first of all there are a select few people that would actually buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds like a very easy way to earn some money. i think i could describe something like that to a person. but hey when your that rich maybe i will but that "piece of art"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is ridiculous, I would never pay for a description of someone's art. This is not my kind of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stupid and I could not ever imagine for paying 10k for a description of art. If it caught on I would go and sell a description of the Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is weird. I would call it something more like poetry, but not exactly art. I would never spend thousands of dollars on a single piece of paper describing an imaginary art piece. I wouldn't mind creating one though and selling it to someone who actually wants to buy it though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is definitely the wierdest one I have... seen(?)... I think it is absurd that anyone would pay that much for a piece of paper unless it was straight from DaVinci's journal. Imagine how many books you could buy with that much money!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The person who sells this must be just doing it for the money. And who would pay $10,000 for something they won't even own. I can't even imagine what I would do with that much money all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOme people just have way too much money. this is what i was talking about in another post that anything can go as high profile art these days. this guy could have coughed up a lougie on a peice of paper and put a 50,000 price tag on it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would not pay for this. I could just go buy actual artworks for $10,000.

    ReplyDelete
  10. rich people waste their money on some of the stupid stuff. she paid for a piece of paper with words written on it. i feel like that was dumb

    ReplyDelete